Welcome to the world of confident, flawless and beautiful smiles with smile makeover treatment. People often turn to cosmetic procedures for correcting any flaws in their facial features like lips, nose, chin etc. but what about the smile? Smiling is the first thing people notice and the more charming a smile is more likely it is going to add up to one’s personality.
But what if you are conscious of smiling because of problems like teeth gaps, misaligned teeth, crowding of teeth etc. To help you smile your heart out, smile makeover treatment is completely dedicated to treating any problems related to teeth misalignment. If teeth are not aligned properly in the upper and lower jaw, it is going to impact the way a person smiles. Smile makeover treatment involves procedures that will help in moving the teeth to the proper position and thereby rendering a perfect and confident smile forever!
What is smile makeover treatment?
Smile makeover treatment is the procedure of shifting the teeth to the proper position. If the teeth are aligned in a balanced manner they are bound to enhance your other facial features like chin, cheekbones and lips and resulting into an attractive smile to the patient.
People go for smile makeover treatment in various ways such as:
Metal braces is one of the most widely used smile makeover treatment procedures. It is effective and affordable. The procedure involves wires and brackets through which teeth are moved to their proper position. The pressure applied through wires pulls the teeth to proper angle and position, while the brackets help in providing anchorage to the wire for force application.
Although, metal braces are very accurate and effective for all orthodontic case categories, but they have some major drawbacks listed below:
- Painful treatment process
- Stainless steel wires and brackets look aesthetically unpleasing.
- Person becomes conscious of their looks during the treatment process. They lose self-confidence and suffer a sense of lower self-esteem during the treatment duration.
- Maintaining oral hygiene is difficult because the normal toothbrush can not clean the teeth and brackets to dislodge the food stuck in the brackets.
- Numerous food restrictions are there and patients cannot eat hard and sticky foods.
- Metal braces treatment requires frequent doctor visits.
- Patients suffer from cuts, lesions and swollen gums due to wires that are harsh on soft inner lining of gums and lips.
- The treatment duration is between 24-30 months.
Clear braces or clear aligners
The latest smile correction treatment procedure is the clear braces treatment. The clear braces work like metal braces but they have some distinctive features that make them the best teeth alignment alternative of modern times. Clear braces are in the form of transparent trays made of biocompatible polymer. The plastic-like material of these trays has a smooth finish and a transparent look which makes it hard for other people to notice. These aligner trays apply pressure like wires do in metal braces to move the teeth. The patient is given different aligner sets at different stages of the treatment, to achieve the desired teeth position.
The distinctive features of clear braces or clear aligners include:
- Painless treatment.
- Transparent in look and therefore, aesthetically pleasing.
- Aligner trays can be removed while eating or drinking.
- Maintaining oral hygiene is extremely easy as aligners can be removed to brush and floss.
- They have smooth finish that saves the patients from swollen gums, cuts and lesions.
- They are highly accurate as they are software aided and customised for each patient’s requirement.
- Fewer doctor visits are required with clear aligner treatment.
- Treatment duration is from 10-24 months.
The drawbacks of smile makeover treatment through clear aligner include:
- Not suitable for very complicated dental cases where there are bony deformities.
- They are slightly costlier than traditional metal braces.
We have discussed the two most effective and accurate smile makeover treatments. Let’s discuss, smile makeover treatment costs in India:
Metal braces treatment cost
The smile makeover treatment cost through metal braces will cost a patient anywhere between Rs.20, 000 to Rs.80, 000.
Clear aligner treatment cost
The smile makeover treatment cost through clear aligners starts at a minimum of Rs. 40,000. The cost can be divided into EMIs as per the patient’s convenience.
Things to remember:
- Be it metal braces or clear aligner braces, the cost would depend on the case category of the patient. By case category we mean, whether it is a mild, moderate or complex teeth alignment condition.
- Although metal braces are cheaper than clear braces but the patients have to suffer from other problems like swollen gums, cuts, food restrictions and self-consciousness due to wires and brackets.
- Clear aligner treatment is costly but being the latest teeth straightening technology and unmatched advantages like being transparent, painless, removable and accurate, their cost is justified.
- Teeth straightening cost through clear aligners also depends on the city of treatment and brand of clear aligners.
- Treatment results of both metal braces and clear braces depend largely on the patient’s compliance with the treatment guidelines.
- The expertise of the treating doctor will also determine the accuracy of teeth straightening results.
Smile makeover brands
If you are looking for smile makeover brands in India that provide authentic and accurate teeth straightening treatment. That you can choose from the list below:
- 32 Watts clear aligners
- Flash orthodontist
- Glamyo Dental
These are the most popular clear aligner brands in India. However, different brands operate on different business models. Few brands like 32 Watts and Flash orthodontist operates on a model where the patient is designated an expert doctor right from the beginning of the treatment. This helps in proper case analysis, formulation of treatment plan and analysis of the treatment journey and milestones achieved.
On the other hand, brands like Snazzy, Toothsi etc. work on a ‘direct to customer model. In this model, the patient is given self-impression kits and the case is handled majorly through teledentistry. The patient can visit the partner doctor for any problems related to the treatment and any available doctor will try to resolve the same.
Although, both the treatment models claim to give accurate results but the clear aligner treatment without doctor supervision isn’t advisable for a medical procedure like that of teeth straightening. Any problem in the treatment process can pose a serious risk to a patient’s denture, gums and oral health. Therefore, teeth straightening treatment that involves doctor’s supervision during the treatment journey holds significant importance in offering accurate results and after-treatment well-being.
Smile Makeover treatment Journey
Different smile makeover brands have different stages of teeth straightening treatment. The price of the treatment is also divided as per different treatment stages. Here we will give you an idea of how the pricing of teeth straightening treatment through clear aligners is divided:
Stage 1: On approaching the brand, the customer is called for a consultation where the doctor analyses the dental condition. He will discuss in detail the possibility of tooth movements and expected outcomes. This consultation will also involve pricing and treatment duration. Many brands like 32 Watts clear aligner provide free clear aligner consultation.
Stage 2: Once the patient gets a complete understanding of the treatment procedure and cost, he will have to pay a partial amount of the entire treatment cost. The first payment is essential for providing the patient with the clear aligner ‘starter kit’. At this stage the patient is either asked for the dental impression that can be taken by a consultant or a 3D intra-oral scan appointment is fixed. The 3D oral scan involves extra charges and can be done only when the 3D scanner is available in your city. Once the dental impression is received, the zero aligner set is crafted through precise technology and handed over to the patient.
Stage 3: Then comes the treat plan formulation. The treatment plan is designed by the orthodontist at the company on request of the treating dentist for the patient who is going under clear aligner treatment. The treatment plan involves detailed layout about the angle of rotation of tooth, estimated tooth movements, treatment milestones to be achieved according to the designated timeline and final results that must be achieved once the clear aligner treatment is over.
Stage 4: Once the treatment through clear aligners is over, the patient is given a set of retainers to keep the teeth at the newly achieved position. The retainers help in refraining the teeth to go back to their original position once the patient stops wearing aligners. Brands like 32 Watts offer retainers completely free as a complementary gift for the patient.
This was all you need to know about smile makeover cost in India and smile makeover brands available. Choose wisely and have a sparkling and confident smile for life!