Dentists are the one who makes you smile more confidently. But it requires a lot of efforts by a dentist to make it happen. Dental treatment planning is one of the greatest challenges that come to correct smile and teeth alignment. Patient’s visit a dentist for their esthetic enhancement, malocclusal problems, correction or replacement of missing tooth, facial dental treatment, oral dental treatment and other requirements. For a better result, a lot of experience and expertise is required. In dentistry, to achieve a successful result and patient satisfaction a dentist follows the protocol to resolve the problem. For it, a proper dental treatment planning is required.
Dental Treatment Planning
- Appropriate pretreatment considerations
- Patient’s reasons for seeking care
- Patient assessment
- Examinations and diagnosis
- Treatment planning
Dental treatment planning workflows can be reliable tools to predictably solve the specific problems of each individual patient. All too often, dentists become focused on the execution of the treatment without having treatment goals in place that are specific enough and, therefore, no clear endpoint. Treatment plans without a clear endpoint lead to incomplete treatment, which then leads to unpredictable results and unmet patient expectations.
To understand patient’s need we will discuss each problem or you may say requirement step by step and these will be:
- A dentist should begin the treatment with a complete case/data analysis.
- Each patient who is seeking a dental treatment should be evaluated for any dental disease.
- If the patient desires to have elective cosmetic procedures or wants to replace missing teeth with dental implants, additional information will need to be gathered to make a complete diagnosis and treatment plan. The key is to create a protocol for each type of patient in your practice to ensure that all necessary data is obtained. When we combine complete, accurate data with a programmed approach to treatment planning, the results we obtain will be predictable, optimal, and consistent. In this article, I will discuss five areas we can focus on.
- The advancement in dentistry are being developed and new with the help of technology has taken the dentistry to the other level.
Dental Treatment Planning for Clear Aligners
Clear Aligners are the emerging way of teeth straightening in more convenient and invisible way. Clear aligners are an alternative to metal/ceramic/lingual braces that can correct various malocclusion up to a limit. In clear aligners, the treatment plan is also important. As the treatment plan is done on the computer by using a treatment planning software.
The study and results have shown the technology used for making dental treatment plan is accurate and effective. The most beneficial thing in orthodontic software is that the results can be shown before starting the treatment of course on the system. The Orthodontic software used for treatment planning shows the 3D view of teeth from various angles. There is much popular software available on the market for creating the orthodontic treatment plan.