Have you started your clear aligners treatment for a priceless smile? But don’t know how to clean clear aligners? In this article, you will get to know about cleaning and maintaining the aligners so that they can work on your teeth effectively and you will not face any discomfort through the treatment. This will help you ensure that you are going in the right direction for straightening your teeth. While wearing them you don’t need to change your habits and lifestyle but by following these steps you can make your treatment successful and finish it timely.
How to Clean Clear Aligners?
There are very simple ways by which your aligners will remain clean and this will also increase their lifespan. It includes:
- Cleaning them with toothbrush and paste: To clean your aligners use a soft bristle toothbrush and pea size toothpaste. Gently rub the brush on plastic trays. You should clean them thoroughly after that wash the aligners will normal water.
- Using Soap and Water: You can clean your clear aligners by using soap and water. Mix soap into warm water (not too warm) to obtain the suds. Dip your aligners and soak them for approx. 20-30 minutes. After doing this rinse the aligners with clean water.
- Vinegar and water: To clean aligners with vinegar and water, take a cup and mix 1/4th of white vinegar to ¾ parts of water (little warm). Then soak the aligners into the obtained mixture for 15-20 minutes and clean them with normal water.
- Baking soda and water: Baking soda is used for many purposes and it is also useful in cleaning the aligners. Take a ½ tablespoon of baking soda and mix it with ½ cup of water. Soak your pair of aligners in the cup for 50-60 minutes. Take back the aligners don’t forget to rinse them properly before inserting them into your mouth.
- Peroxide and water: Mixture of hydrogen peroxide and warm water can be used for cleaning the aligners. Soak aligners for 30 minutes in a solution of equal parts of water and hydrogen peroxide.
- Retainer cleaner: A good retainer cleaner can work wonders without breaking the bank. Take a tablet of cleaner and dip it in a cup of warm water. Leave them for 15-20 minutes. Thoroughly rinse the aligners with normal water and insert them back in your mouth.
Additionally, you can prevent discolorations on the clear- aligners by following these guidelines:
- While chewing the food remove your aligners
- Rinse your mouth and aligners before inserting them back in your mouth.
- Brush and floss your teeth at least two times in a day.
- Avoid as much as possible beverages those having artificial colors.
- Frequently drink normal water.
- Keep your aligners in the carry case only when they are not in use.
- You should put the object like a pen, spoon in your mouth.
- Never use any denture tablets to clean the aligners.
To know more about clear aligners visit www.alignwisesmile.com