Ever wished that a magic wand would appear and change your smile in a split second? Well, you are not alone! Most people who wish to get their teeth aligned hope for getting the teeth aligned in the shortest time. This brings us to a question most you may be wondering – “What type of braces work the fastest?”
The Fastest Braces
When you visit your orthodontist for getting your teeth aligned, you will be presented with many options for your treatment– from traditional metallic and ceramic braces, lingual braces to self-ligating braces and invisible braces (also called clear aligners). Before we get to the fastest type of braces, you must know that orthodontic treatment takes time– there is no quick fix when your treatment duration depends on the severity of your case.
However, among the many braces options available today, clear aligners or invisible braces are said to be the fastest. The average treatment time with clear aligners is around one year, with some simple cases that get completed in as little as three months.
Reasons that make these braces the fastest type of braces include:
- They apply mild yet constant forces on your teeth to move them into alignment
- They are used to treat mild to moderate cases
- Due to their invisible nature, many patients are enthusiastic about wearing them
- Since clear aligners do not have any brackets or wires, there are no breakages that can delay the treatment as is seen commonly with other fixed types of braces
- Fewer orthodontist visits as compared to other types of braces
What are Clear Aligners– The Fast Braces?
Clear aligners or invisible braces are transparent, plastic, custom-made trays that need to be worn on upper and lower teeth to move teeth into alignment. These trays arrive in sets and need to be worn as per the dentist’s instructions. Apart from being the fastest type of braces, there are many advantages of clear aligners that make them popular orthodontic treatment options. These include:
- They are the most aesthetic braces as they are completely invisible when worn on teeth, even from close distances.
- They are removable, which makes them convenient. During your orthodontic treatment with clear aligners, you can eat your favourite foods and brush and floss normally.
- Clear aligners are extremely comfortable as they lack any brackets or wires.
Also Read: Invisalign Cost in India
Other Fast Braces Options
While there is no doubt that clear aligners are the fastest type of braces and help you get well-aligned teeth and a beautiful smile in just a short period of time. However, another type of braces, called self-ligating braces, is also faster than conventional metal and ceramic braces. These braces can help you complete your orthodontic treatment around 6 months earlier than traditional metal and ceramic braces.
Self-ligating braces do not require elastics and rubber bands to hold the wire in place. They are also smaller and way more comfortable than traditional braces. Self-ligating braces are available in both metal and ceramic variants.
If you are looking out for the fastest braces that can help you achieve your dream smile in the shortest period of time, contact us at Aligners India today! Our clear aligners are the most popular and effective aligners in India today for their high success rate, comfort, convenience and affordable costs.
Learn More: Invisible Braces Cost in India